Thursday, March 7, 2013

Place your bets Vegas is here

Nascar is back in action on the exciting mile and a half Las Vegas Motorspeedway in just a few short day, and I am not placing my bets on the drivers I am betting on the cars. With mediocre Daytona 500 and exciting finish of the race this past weekend at Phoenix who knows what to expect. I feel that this race is going to set the bar on what to expect from the new Generation 6 car. My expectations are that this high banked, multiple racing grove mile and a half track, is going to provide for some great side by side racing. I feel that this track is going to be great for these cars with fast straightaways long sweeping turns that do not scrub off speed. If there is a side by side battle on the last lap you can expect someone to dive bomb to the bottle while the other trys the momentum of the high side. Either way I feel this track will have what we have all been waiting for.
As far as predictions go I am going with the two drivers, my first prediction is a driver who had a rough start to the season last year but battled back at the end of the season, he sat on pole last weekend at Phoenix watch out for the Farmers Insurance #5 of Kasey Kahne, He loves these mile and a half tracks and he knows how to win on them. My second prediction is the driver that just ended a long winless drought and is making the Ford Fusion work Carl Edwards, Roush Fenway Racing is one of the best and mile and a half tracks and even though the Fords seem like they have been struggling Edwards and the 99 crew are making theirs work.
Let me here your predictions at stephenappell.com, stephenappell.com on Facebook, or @stephen_combat, @stephenappell on Twitter

-Stephen Appell    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice job